Sunday, May 10, 2009

Week In Review

What a week we have had! Jon had his last paper of the semester due Friday morning. He worked hard all week and had to pull an all-nighter on Thursday night! I went to a Women's Banquet at our church Thursday evening and since Jon was locked away working on his paper, Christy came to keep Ava and Emet. Ava was so excited about having Christy over! Thanks Christy! I even got to enjoy a little bit of time with her after the banquet. Ava got sick with a cold and ran a fever on Thursday and Friday. Her fever broke right after we went to the doctor on Friday morning...she has been fine since...go figure! Friday night I went to a Stampin' Up party and had a blast! I bought a Baby Boy packet of paper and stickers to use in Emet's first year scrapbook. After the party some of the ladies hung around to work on their scrapbooks...I was able to get four pages done in Emet's book. I am way behind, but having fun looking back at pictures from his first year! Yesterday we took the kids to the Faircloth's pool. This was Emet's first pool trip...he doesn't seem to be a big fan yet...probably because the water is still so cold. I went to a baby shower for our pastor's grandson yesterday afternoon and saw Brook, one of our seniors at church, all dressed up and ready for her prom!

Last night my sweet husband and kids took me shopping for Mother's Day. We went out to Southpoint, picked up P.F. Chang's takeout and ate in the food court, and of course went to my favorite store...The Loft. Jon was very patient (and the kids were good) while I tried on clothes. I found some cute things and got, what I think, was a great deal! Thanks to my hubby and kiddos for a great Mother's Day treat!

This Mother's Day morning, I am home from church with a sick little boy. Emet caught Ava's cold and woke up with a low grade fever this morning.

I'm blessed to be the mom of two great kids and I love them dearly. I am thankful for a husband who encourages me and supports me through the blessings and challenges of motherhood. Every moment with my kids is a gift and I treasure my time with them. I hope all of you mothers have a great Mother's Day and remember what a privilege it is to care for the children in your life! Happy Mother's Day!

Ava and Jon on Friday night when I got home from Stampin' Up and scrapbooking...remember Jon pulled an all-nighter on Thursday! They were both exhausted!

Emet's first dip in the pool...

"...it's so cold!"

Enjoying being held by Daddy (out of the water)!


Playing Around the Pool



Not so much liking being in the water!


Brook...all ready for her prom!


1 comment:

Christy Ferrell said...

I really enjoyed getting to hang out with Ava and Emet- and YOU! It was so good to spend some time together :)