Tuesday, May 26, 2009

LaRue Family Reunion

We spent Memorial Day weekend in Flat Rock with my Mom's family. All 25 of us stayed at the Highland Lake Inn. Each family had a cabin room and all of our rooms were right together. In front of our rooms was a large field with swings and hammocks. There was a pond with paddle boats and fishing on the property as well. Ava enjoyed the goats, turkey, chickens and peacock...she especially liked talking to the turkey and hearing it "talk" back! The weekend was relaxing and laid back. The men (and Mom) played golf, we shopped and the guys had a couple of intense basketball games!
I enjoyed getting to spend time with my family. We don't get to see each other very often, so to take the time to be together this past weekend was really special. I hope the tradition continues and that we will go back year after year!
It was a long weekend, so I took lots of pictures...even more than I am posting!


Ava in the hammock...

Emet too!


Maverick, Ava, Linda and Clara in the paddle boat!


Mom, Ava and Jon in the paddle boat!

My Little Man!
(I'm entering this photo in a contest...what do you think?)


Sweet Kiddos

My Mom with Kaleigh
(Kaleigh is my cousin's little girl.)


Cooper, Bob and Riley fishing...look closely, Riley caught something!

Emet and Pops enjoying the hammock!


Thought this was really sweet...Clara and Kaleigh!


Mom and Dad


Jon and Ava at El Paso...we ate Mexican on Sunday night!



Campfire Fun...Emet and Jon munching on s'mores!

Ava and her "marsho!"

Katie...my cousin...she was our campfire entertainment. She plays the guitar and sings really well! Ava enjoyed her songs and is asking to sing Baby Shark and Princess Pat!

LaRue, Kaleigh and Jesse after their boat ride!


The Basketball Teams
Riley, Cooper, Bob, Rusty, Maverick, Jon and Jesse
The LaRue Gang

2 comments:

CygnetMommy said...

That's a great picture of Emet! It shows a lot of personality.

Sheila said...

I love the contest pic-- it's such a cute face-- you captured the perfect moment!