Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Looking Back...

Having just celebrated the birthdays of both of our kids, I've been thinking about life as I know it now...as a Mom. I'm blessed beyond measure to have the precious children that I do and I thank the Lord for allowing me to be their Mom.

Ava is now three and such a little lady. I feel like she is all grown up. She loves to play with her baby dolls, carry purses, use chapslips (chapstick), help with her brother, play outside and go to gymnastics. She loves our church and playing with her friends. I've enjoyed watching her form friendships and interact with other kids. For no reason at all she will look at me and say "I love you." This melts my heart! We certainly have our moments...she is very independent and strong willed, which can sometimes be challenging. She is my little girl though and I love everything about her. I praise God for giving her to me and choosing me to be the Mommy of my precious little Ava!

Emet's first year went by so fast. I feel like I blinked and he went from being in a hospital bassinet to pulling up and walking along our furniture! (Hopefully he will walk on his own before too much longer!) It has been amazing to watch him day in and day out become the little boy that he is. He has quite the personality these days...and is very much attached to Mommy! He is into playing with, and throwing balls. He also loves cars and trucks, anything he can push along the floor seems to work. Right before naptime and bedtime he snuggles on my shoulder...I wish I could pause those moments and make them last just a little while longer. His smile can light up a room (even without any teeth...we are still waiting on his first tooth). I love my little boy and can't imagine life without him!


"Children are a heritage from the Lord." Psalm 127:3

I count it an honor to be a Mom and don't take for granted the lives of the precious children the Lord has entrusted to me. It is through the strength the Lord gives me that I am able to be the Mommy that I am. Without Him, I would not be able to love and mother my kids as I should!


On a side note...Ava has been working on writing her name for quite some time. Check out what she can do!

I've been wanting to organize our toys and redo our playroom. This is a start! Ava got the kitchen for her birthday and I bought the shelf and baskets off of craigslist for only $30!!! What a deal!!!

No comments: