Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Time in North Carolina

We had a great trip down south. We spent the first part of our two weeks in North Carolina. We spent 5 days with my parents and 3 days in Durham with at Jon's parent's house. We definitely crammed in a lot of visiting and seeing friends into a short amount of time. I'm thankful for the time we had, even if it was short, quick visits. (Pictures are in no order...sorry!)

Love these girls! They picked us up in Greensboro and drove us the rest of the way to Durham. I am so thankful for these two precious girls. They mean the world to me. I love their passion for life and how the know that Christ is most important. Even at just 17, these girls really know what our life here on earth is truly about. I'm so encouraged by their faith and desire to follow Christ!
We love Brittney! She is so special to our family!
The Bonnett and Chasteen Kiddos
It was great to see the Bonnetts in Wake Forest.
We had a fun afternoon at their house! We are thankful
for this sweet family who are dear friends of ours.
We also visited with Allison Nelson and her three kiddos.
(No picture though.) It was good to see Allison too. I love being
able to go back to Wake Forest and see friends who are so special to us!
Nanny Janet
We had a wonderful breakfast with Nanny Janet.
We love her and enjoy getting to see her and spend
time with her when we are back in Durham.
We love the Murrays!!! We had a Chick-Fil-A lunch with
Laura and 3 of her girls. As always, so good to see them
and to see Ava and Addi together again. I cherish these times!
Love these girls together!
So sweet!
Ava and Emet's Ridgecrest buddies...Carly and Jeremiah
Emet, Eli and Ava at the pool
We enjoyed the pool one night with Leigh Ann, Kellie and their boys.
Here are our 6 of our 7 kids together...and Ava is the only girl!
She holds her own though!
(Not Pictured: Owen)
We went gem mining in Hiddenite. My parents use to take me as a kid and it is fun to see them do it with my kids. Ava and Emet love it. They get to dig in the dirt, get dirty and find cool rocks...what could be better right?


We were in Hickory for Mom and Dad's anniversary.
I made dinner for them and we celebrated as a family.
We made a trip up the mountain to visit a childhood friend of mine, Holli. We went to her house and enjoyed some time outside. Their house is in a valley and it is absolutely gorgeous. I was thankful to have time to catch up with Holli, see her sweet kids and meet her husband.
Marina, her little girl, got a pony for her birthday.
Ava and Emet loved the pony!
Thankful for my sweet friend!
Mom and Dad with the kids
Love this

No comments: