Saturday, September 17, 2011

Ava is in Kindergarten!!!

Ava has started Kindergarten. My baby girl is off to school, and I must say, LOVING every minute. While I miss her during the day, it is comforting and reassuring to know that she loves where she is going, what she is doing and her teacher. It thrills me to see her excitement about school and learning. I can't wait to see how she grows and learns as a student this year. We did capture memories from her preview day and her first real day of Kindergarten.
I think the start of school and transition has been much harder on me than her. I enjoy having her home and treasure every minute with her. I miss her now that she is gone during the day, but am thankful that she is enjoying her school experience. I think it is good for all of us to be in this phase. It has been fun taking her and picking her up each day. It is a great time for me to meet other parents and connect with what is going on at her school. I'm thankful for a school that we have heard so many good things about and a teacher that Ava seems to love. It is going to be a great year!
Look at our big girl!!!

Preview Day
So grown up
Everything ready before her first day
EXCITED!!
Here we go
In front of Brooks School
She can't wait to go in!
I love my girl!
I will be okay, I will be okay, I will be okay...
Silly faces
Walking In
Picking Ava up from the first day
Isn't she adorable? I'm so proud of my big Kindergarten girl!

2 comments:

Kim said...

How precious! She looks so happy!

Debbie Cline said...

My goodness....already in kindergarten?? They grow so quickly. Well, Ms. Ava, you sure looked beautiful for your first day at school. I pray you continue to be as happy.