Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Family Christmas and Football

Saturday was our Christmas party with my Mom's family. We went to Kernersville for lunch and an ornament exchange and Bob and Linda's house. As always, it was great to see everyone even if it was just for an afternoon. I didn't take many pictures...believe it or not...but I did get a cute one of Ava, Emet and Kaleigh (my cousin's little girl)!
When we got home Saturday night we settled in to watch two big football games...well big for our family anyway. We watched our Mountaineers take on the reigning National Champions, the Richmond Spiders. Our Mountaineers pulled through in the end! What a close and exciting game to watch. We were hoping we'd be as excited about the turn out of the ACC championship game which we were also watching, (we watched App on the computer and Clemson on the TV), unfortunately the Tigers didn't pull out a win. Nonetheless, we had a great time watching the games together. Ava even enjoyed a little football with us!

Ava, Emet and Kaleigh
Ready for football!



1 comment:

Chrissy said...

What a great christmas party!
I'm new to the game of football as this was my sons first year playing, so I needed a wuick lesson so I picked up a book called A Sportscaster's Guide to Watching Football by Mark Oristano.
I now know what a first down is, how they get a first down and even been to my first CFL game (I'm canadian!!) GO BC LIONS!
So everytime we would get a first down it would go "RAWR" because we're the lions!
Anyway I hope someone can learn what I learned from this book. It's a great read and even though the CFL and the NFL have some different rules, I still understood most of it. Now I watch the NFL games with my hubby and know what's going on too!