Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Amsterdam, NY

We were blessed with the opportunity to visit with the Bonnetts in Amsterdam while up North! Kristen and Kenneth picked the kids and I up in Massachusetts on Sunday afternoon. We headed to their home in Amsterdam. Kristen and Kenneth were our first friends at Seminary. They lived in our building and made us feel welcome as soon as we moved in! Time with Kristen last week was great. I enjoy getting to spend time with her and it was GREAT getting to catch up. I'm blessed to have her as a friend. It was also great to see Vivian (aka Granna), Hayley and Bubby. Vivian (and Kristen) were Ava's babysitters when I was teaching and Hayley and Bubby were mine and Jon's buddies when we lived in the apartment. It is hard to believe Bubby was Ava's age when we met him! I'm thankful for my time with my dear friend and her family and hope to get back up to visit them soon! We certainly experienced Amsterdam...check out some pictures from our visit!

Emet, Bubby, Ava and Hayley
Ava and Josie
(I never thought we'd get this on camera. Ava has been terrified of big dogs and for the first two days at the Bonnetts...she was terrified of Josie. She slowly began to warm up to Josie and went from crying when Josie came close to her, to loving on her...giving kisses, hugs and even letting her out of her cage! I'm excited she has gotten over her fear of big dogs!)

Ruckus
Oh my...the BEST sandwich I have had in I don't know how long! Capicola ham with tomato pesto sauce and mozzarella and provolone cheese...on homemade bread...SO GOOD! It was a girls lunch out that Kristen and I enjoy without kids...which made it even better! Thanks to Vivian for keeping the kids for me!


Kristen and Emet
So Cute!!!
Ava, Vivian and Emet

Their Church

A view from the car...coming over a hill in town...isn't it beautiful?!




Kenneth and Kristen in front of their house!


The Girls

Nichole and Bubby


Hayley and Ava


No comments: