Saturday, April 4, 2009

Last Weekend's Road Trip

The kids and I headed out last Friday for a weekend on the road. We had a great trip and enjoyed every minute! I got to spend time with some of my best friends and celebrate the upcoming birth of Leigh Ann's second little boy, Walker! We arrived at Leigh Ann's in Shelby on Friday afternoon. Kellie and Eli came that evening and met us for dinner. All of us stayed at Leigh Ann's house Friday night...the kids had a blast and I must say us girls enjoyed our time together and catching up. Saturday was Leigh Ann's baby shower. Kellie and I hosted the shower at her house...she got a lot of nice things and is getting close to being ready for Walker's arrival! My kids and I spent Saturday night with Leigh Ann as well. We went to church with them on Sunday, enjoyed celebrating Jason's (Leigh Ann's brother) birthday with their family and then headed up to Boone. We stayed with Tracey and her parents in Boone on Sunday night. Monday morning our friend Sarah, who lives in Colorado and we don't see very much at all, came to Tracey's parents' house to visit with us! What a whirlwind of a trip but it was amazing. I was reminded of how much each of these ladies mean to me and how much I miss living close to them. I am blessed to have such wonderful friends in my life!

Davis, Eli and Ava in the tee pee!

Say "Cheese!"

The Diaper Cake
(I made it...my first one!)
Kellie, Leigh Ann (she is 8 months pregnant!) and Me
Proud Big Brother and Mommy

Casey came to help us at the shower! Davis and Emet enjoyed the balloons!

Making Pizza

Emet, Leigh Ann and Ava


Beautiful Mommy


Mr. Phil loves reading to Ava...she enjoys it too. She was talking about reading books in the mountains even before we got there!
Bailey, Ava and Emet
Edison and Ava had a tea party (with apple juice).
Edison is Sarah's little boy!

Emet, Sarah, Ava, Tracey and Bailey
(Sarah is pregnant too...she is due sometime around the end of June!)

Emet, Me, Ava, Tracey, Sarah and Edison

1 comment:

CygnetMommy said...

I love the diaper cake you made!! It looks like it took a lot of work! Hope to see you soon!