Sunday, March 28, 2010

Raleigh Rocks!!!

After running a half marathon in Charlotte in December, I was hooked! I came home and found one in Raleigh for March. I didn't want to do it myself, so I recruited Brooke to run with me. We've been training together since January for the Raleigh Rocks Half Marathon. Our race was yesterday! We were up early and ran hard. Despite Brooke fighting bronchitis this week, she toughed it out and ran the entire race. What a trooper! We finished right over the 2 hour mark and ran the entire time. Tired and sore today, but it was worth it! Ava and Emet even ran in the kids' dash after all the half marathoners finished. Ava loved it and wanted to know why she didn't run the long run with Mommy. I told her maybe one day we could do one together!
Jon, Kevin, Ava and Emet were great supporters for us. Kevin's parents, Beverly and Tony, along with Sonja Holloway came to cheer us and Troy (Kevin's brother) along. It was great to have a cheering section! Thanks for all the support!
***Warning...lots of pictures in this post!!!***

Brooke and Me before the race
Amber, Troy and Andrew
Breakfast at Krispy Kreme...this was their hangout after we started the race!
Yummy!!!
Our Cheering Section!!!
End in sight!!!
Finish Line
Way to go Brooke!!!
So glad to be done!
Getting ready for Ava's race
My sweet kiddos!
She's stretching!
Say cheese!
Ready, Set, Go!!!
Emet is on the far left and Ava on the far right!
Run, Ava, Run!!!
A strong finish!
Emet crossing the finish line...he was the last one!
So young, and already a little runner! Gotta make a Momma proud!
They got race medals and treats!
Our support system!
Brooke and Kevin

Thanks to Jon for taking care of our kids so I could train for the race and for supporting me in this! I love you baby!
Race Mementos

No comments: