Friday, February 26, 2010

Ixtapan, Mexico

Back in the summer, my sweet mom offered to take me with her on her yearly spa trip. She has been going to the same spa now for four years. Each year the group that goes gets a little bigger. I was thrilled at the thought of a few days in Ixtapan, Mexico at a spa. So the planning began and last Saturday morning the months of anticipation were over. We headed out early for a few days of paradise. Jon, his parents and a sweet lady from church, Janet were kind enough to look after Ava and Emet so I could get away for a few days. I'm blessed to have a mom who treated me to such a spectacular trip and blessed to have family and friends I can leave my kids with and not worry! We enjoyed great food, wonderful spa treatments, exploring the local town and working out...I even played tennis! It was wonderful and relaxing...great to go, but also good to come home and see my sweet family!

Emet playing the night before Mom and I left
Ava and my Mom
Dad and Ava
Playing Basketball
5 a.m. Early Departure!
Complimentary water and flowers in our room

I walked into town on Sunday with some ladies to go to the local market. It was fun to see how the locals live and thrive. Each Sunday they have a huge market lining the streets. I even spoke some Spanish!
Fresh Pork Rinds Anyone?
Local FruitsOne of the streets that runs through the town
Hotel Ixtapan
Me, Mandy and Amber
Mandy's brother graduated from high school with me. She was on the trip with her mom as well. This was Amber's third time to the spa. She also went to high school with me. Amber lives and works in D.C. She organized and planned the trip for all of us ladies!
I had fun hanging out with these sweet ladies this week!
Pool and Villas


Thanks for a great time Mom! I had a blast!
Amber and Dianne
Dianne and my mom are best friends. They enjoy taking this trip together each year, and I think enjoyed having their daughters there with them this year!
The Spa Dining Room did a birthday party for several of our ladies who had February birthdays. This was their fruit sculpture...they also brought a big chocolate cake!
Linda (my aunt), Mom and Me

2 comments:

Liz said...

Looks like y'all had a fun and relaxing time! What a sweet gift from your mom! Glad you did it and are home safe and sound. Miss you guys!

Stephanie said...

You are one lucky girl, and your Mom has a good thing going!! I wish we were back in Mexico right about now!