Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Date With My Daughter

Today Ava and I had a "date!" We went to Brier Creek for the free summer movie and saw Madagascar 2 Escape to Africa. What a cute movie! I'd watch it again! Ava enjoyed being in the theatre and snacking on popcorn and fruit snacks. After the movie we ran to Dick's Sporting Goods and went to McDonald's for lunch. She loves a Happy Meal...chicken nuggets, apple dippers and today apple juice (instead of chocolate milk which is her usual choice). It was great to get some individual time with my little girl. I feel like neither of my kids get enough one on one time, so today was a real treat for me! A special thanks to Sharon who kept Emet so Ava and I could have our special date. Sharon keeps Emet in the nursery at church and adores him. They enjoyed playing at the house. She even managed to get Emet to fall asleep on her shoulder and snuggle with her. I have to admit, I was a little jealous because he won't do that with me anymore!

No comments: